Surely whats wrong with NASA?
1. They went to Supreme Court saying some Form 34 A’s were not signed by POs.
The change pushed by Jubilee makes it a criminal offence for any PO to fail to sign Form 34A
2 They went to Supreme Court saying that CECs who are also Constituency Returning Officers did not sign Form 34B’s.
The amendment we seek will make it a criminal offence with a jail term of 5 years if they fail to sign 34 B’s
3. They went to Supreme Court alleging that Wafula Chebukati announced the results before receiving all 34 A’s and 34 B’s.
This amendment binds the National Returning Officer to receive all 34 As and 34Bs, validate them and reconcile them before announcing the Presidential Result
4. They went to Supreme Court saying that in some areas the electronic transmission failed due to unavailability of 3G and 4G networks.
Agreed. This amendment makes the actual manual original Form 34A the single source of truth in case there is no connectivity in a polling station
5. Good corporate governance demands that there is continuity in any organisation. If Wafula Chebukati is unwell at any one time, surely the IEBC should be able to perform.
6. As parliament we are required to vote with a two-thirds majority for motions and bills with far reaching consequences on the governance of this country.
This amendment requires the same two thirds threshold on the decision of the Supreme Court and the IEBC.
NASA should be giving Jubilee a medal
Hon Moses Kuria
Nairobi Business Community
Francis Atwoli yesternight gave some interesting perspective as to why there is tension in this country.
He attributes it to poverty and hunger.
He says that someone that is busy and well fed would not waste time running to one Demo after another.
He said that if Counties really worked well, tensions would reduce in the country, since nobody would care who the President in Nairobi was.
That is the point that I have been trying to push in the minds, hearts and souls of Raila diehards. But, as they say,Sikio la Kufa halisikii dawa.
Lake basin Counties right from Busia to Migori handled 310 billion shillings between 2013 to 2017.
Raila Odinga has absolute political control in the region, based on how he rigged unpopular candidates and ensured that they were re elected.
In order to shame the “big thieves” in Nairobi, Raila would have showed Kenyans what he can do by ensuring that the Counties worked well, delivered and foreign investors came.
Instead, what do we have? The only investor in the region Dominion Farms is taking off due to extortion by RAILA himself. He took off just when another American Investor was about to launch a 10 billion shilling small holder project in Siaya. he took off when he had completed the Sugar Factory, and was about to start milling, something that would have created jobs for at least 30,000 families. Governors that stole billions and are living large were re-elected.
It is clear that Devolution is being eaten by Raila, and he wants his people poor so that they can go chew teargas on his behalf, and have women stripping naked in broad daylight.
That is why I keep repeating….anyone that supports the evil, poverty king Raila is also a lover of poverty.